Starting today I am following a marathon training schedule. I'm 18 weeks away from Portland and figure I should start getting serious about my running stats. (we'll see how long that lasts...being too serious may take the fun out of it.) I'm going to try to follow the plan as close as I can without going crazy.
Since I'm being so serious today I thought I should throw out my goals for the Portland Marathon.
1. My main goal is to simply finish. How embarrassing would it be to have the fancy blog with all these cool people watching me and not even be able to finish?...
2. My secondary goal is to finish under 5 hrs. This is the time that will officially qualify me for the Comrades Marathon in June '08 (my ultimate ultimate running goal).
3. My I think it may be doable goal is to finish under 4 hrs. 4 hrs looks so studly, doesn't it?
4. My out-of-body experience goal is to finish under 3 hrs and 11 min. This will qualify me for the Boston Marathon.
5. My I've been smoking crack today goal is to finish under 2 hrs and 46 min. There's no significance to that number at all, but it looks like a good, round crack number.
6. My Scarlett Johansson will go on a date with me (and pay the tab) goal is to finish under 2 hrs 4 min and 55 seconds. This will qualify me as the fastest marathon runner - EVER.
So, there it is.
Today's run was through a light rain in a windy low 50's.
Stats: 4.25 miles - 36m 37s - 8:37 pace
Have fun and keep running!