Thank you all for the amazing support. I successfully completed the 250-km Atacama Desert Crossing.
A few quick facts about the race:
- Time Magazine recently listed the 4 Deserts as the top endurance footrace in the world.
- The race will cover the distance required to make a horizontal crossing of Chile.
- The entire race will be held at least 7,000 ft above sea level, with the highest section at 10,600 ft.
- The Atacama Desert is considered the driest desert in the world (50 times more arid than Death Valley in the California).
- Evidence suggests that the Atacama Desert may not have had any significant rainfall from 1570 to 1971.
- The Atacama Desert is 15 million years old.
Thanks for all your support! (With a special thanks to Palouse Falls Brewing Company.)